Marketing Management Concentration
Marketing an organization’s product or services includes planning and executing development, pricing, promotion, and distribution to create customer satisfaction. Students with a concentration in Marketing Management are prepared for a wide variety of careers in product management, marketing research, advertising, retailing, distribution, customer relations, sales and technology development.
Careers in Marketing Management
For an overview of careers in marketing, including average yearly salaries and sample occupations, please review the Careers in Marketing Management handout. For additional questions and career guidance, please consult Anderson Career Services.
Marketing Management Concentration Checklist
Download the checklist for BBA students and use this worksheet as a guide to satisfy your graduation requirements. Check off the courses as you complete them to keep track of your progress.
Questions regarding concentration requirements should be addressed with your BBA advisor or with the Marketing Faculty Concentration Advisor.
Marketing checklist for BBA students admitted Fall 2020 or after:
Download the checklist for BBA students that is appropriate for you based on your start semester. Please use this worksheet as a guide to satisfy your graduation requirements. Check off the courses as you complete them to keep track of your progress.
- Checklist (For Students Admitted Fall 2019 - Summer 2020)
- Checklist (For Students Admitted Fall 2016 - Summer 2019)
Dual Concentration Program
Students may pursue a dual concentration in Marketing and Operations by taking as few as 21 credit hours. To achieve the dual concentration the following courses should be selected:
- Required courses: MGMT 433, 436, 462, 480, 486, 488, 435 or 481
Dual Concentration checklist for BBA students:
Advisement Center Concentration Advisor
- Aaron Rodriguez
- Sr. Academic Advisor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (505) 277-3290
- Office: MCM Advisement
- WWW: http://bba.mgt.unm.edu
- About Aaron: Aaron has 11 years of higher education administration experience, and earned his BBA with a concentration in Finance from UNM Anderson. He intends to finish his MBA in Fall 2020, and is currently considering pursuing his Doctorate Degree. Aaron enjoys helping students by using analytical strategies, and an overall holistic approach. He has a passion for higher education administration, and is driven by student success.
Marketing Management Faculty Concentration Advisor
Department Contact Information
The Marketing Concentration falls within the Department of Marketing, Information Systems, Information Assurance, & Operations Management (MIDS). For more information about this department, including contact information for the department chair, please visit the MIDS Department Website.