The Entrepreneurship Concentration is for students who seek to start their own businesses or work in small businesses with an entrepreneurial focus. The Entrepreneurship concentration offers students hands-on experience and theoretical grounding in new venture creation, entrepreneurial finance, business planning, professional selling, and managing small businesses.
Careers in Entrepreneurship
For an overview of careers in entrepreneurship, including average yearly salaries and sample occupations, please review the Careers in Entrepreneurship handout. For additional questions and career guidance, please consult Anderson Career Services.
Entrepreneurship Concentration Checklist
Download the checklist for BBA students and use this worksheet as a guide to satisfy your graduation requirements. Check off the courses as you complete them to keep track of your progress.
Questions regarding concentration requirements should be addressed with your BBA advisor or with the Entrepreneurship Faculty Concentration Advisor.
Entrepreneurship checklist for BBA students:
Older checklists for students admitted prior to the semester listed can request a checklist from their Academic Advisor.
Advisement Center Concentration Advisor
- Aaron Rodriguez
- Sr. Academic Advisor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (505) 277-3290
- Office: MCM Advisement
- WWW: http://bba.mgt.unm.edu
- About Aaron: Aaron has 11 years of higher education administration experience, and earned his BBA with a concentration in Finance from UNM Anderson. He intends to finish his MBA in Fall 2020, and is currently considering pursuing his Doctorate Degree. Aaron enjoys helping students by using analytical strategies, and an overall holistic approach. He has a passion for higher education administration, and is driven by student success.
Entrepreneurship Faculty Concentration Advisor
- Raj Mahto
- Department Chair
Creative Enterprise Endowed Professor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (505) 277-2423
- Office: MCM 3058/ASM 2154
- Download Vita...
- More Information & Office Hours »
- Bio: Dr. Mahto received his Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the University of Memphis in 2006 and joined the faculty at UNM in 2008. Professor Mahto has published in a number of Management journals, such as Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Entrepreneurship, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Family and Economics Issues, Family Business Review, Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice, among other publications.
Professor Mahto is in the Editorial Board of Family Business Review and International Entrepreneurship & Management Journal. He is also the Associate Editor of the Journal of Small Business Strategy. Professor Mahto also served as an ad hoc Reviewer for a number of journals such as Family Business Review and Technovation.
He teaches a number of entrepreneurship courses, including New Venture Creation, Family Business, Freshman Entrepreneurship, and Managing and Operating Small, Growing Business.
Department Contact Information
The Entrepreneurship Concentration falls within the Finance, International and Innovation (FII) Department. For more information about this department, including contact information for the department chair, please visit the FITE Department Website.